Video Sketches – A Calling Dibs Release
Following long processes spanning several years, I started working on a series of shorter video sketches earlier this year. My objective was to practice digital collages and compositions and find ways to combine my multiple ongoing series in different mediums created over the past few years.
I regularly post pieces of this series on Twitter and Instagram, and I have received a few messages asking me to tokenize them. This series incorporates aerial collages, photos and videos recorded on passenger flights, animations of individual Python-processed video frames based on scanned rubber-stamps sets, AI-generated images, and digital drawings.
Celebrating With a Series of Appreciation
It feels so recent and yet such a long time ago that I published the article about my first sold tokenized artwork in June 2018. Since then, I feel blessed that my digital creations have resonated with collectors, and that I have been able to connect with so many people through my art. Every piece of collected artwork has allowed me to continue to create, and I was grateful and beyond words to discover that I have sold more than 111 NFTs.
Calling Dibs on Video Sketches
To celebrate this indescribable milestone, I will release 24 curated video sketches to thank my patrons and supporters, it’s a series of appreciation. The pieces will be available to review, and collectors can call dibs on one artwork. The idea is to release the artworks in four week-long stages, rewarding and acknowledging early supporters and patrons.
|Week One |
|Week Two |
|Week Three |
|Week Four |
|Collectors who HODL or bought 3+ pieces||Collectors who HODL or bought 2 pieces||Collectors who HODL or bought 1 piece||Open release of all unclaimed video sketches|
|free||0.25 ETH||0.5 ETH||1 ETH (Reserve)|
What the Dibs Release Includes:
- Calling dibs on one artwork will include you in the SuperRare token description using your choice of SuperRare user account name, your Twitter handle or your Ethereum wallet address. The text added to the artwork description will be as follows: First collected by calling dibs by “SuperRare username” or “Twitter handle” or “Ethereum wallet hash” on August 15th, 2021, 3:30 PM.
- The release includes a postcard mailed to you, which features a print of all 24 artworks animated through augmented reality.
How the Dibs Release Works and Limitations:
- Each collector can call dibs on only one video sketch.
- The release is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The discount applies regardless of the price of previously purchased MLOdotArt NFTs or the platform they were purchased on.
- Accordingly, the discount applies whether the NFT was a 1/1 original or an edition.
- The snapshot for ownership of my artworks was taken on August 28nd, 2021. Collected artworks after the announcement of the dibs release do not qualify.
- The video sketches will be tokenized within 2-3 weeks after they are claimed.
Eligibility for the Dibs Release:
- Eligible artworks were collected before August 22nd and must be authentic, digital artworks by MLOdotArt Martin Lukas Ostachowski.
- Artworks collected in the secondary market must have been collected through the original marketplace to be eligible.
- Eligible artworks must have been collected from the same Ethereum address. This address can call dibs, and the claimed token will be transferred to this address or needs to be purchased by the same address if applicable.
- Please understand that I might require documentation or proof of transactions to ensure the discount is applied fairly and correctly.
- Once I tokenize the video sketch, the collector sets his offer based on the discounted and communicated price. If you can claim your piece for free, I will transfer the token to your wallet address after I have tokenized it.
How to Call Dibs
The period to call dibs ended on September 19th. Unclaimed artworks are openly released. You can find the video sketches on SuperRare.